Vendor Liaison RepresentativeFacility: CHS Services Location: Melville, NY Department: Hospital Revenue Realization Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00 - 4:00 ReqNum: 6046035
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
The vendor liaison reports to the SBO Supervisor and oversees bad debt, statement processing, and agency manager vendor relationship. Troubleshoots vendor integration issues with IT, and vendor staff. The vendor liaison monitors vendor performance, and serves as the primary contact for all vendor-related issues.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
High School diploma or equivalent required
- Basic computer skills and some experience in data entry, as well as ability to build fluency in multiple healthcare technology and accounts receivable systems.
- Strong knowledge of medical insurance and healthcare billing, including knowledge of and adherence to HIPPA regulations, knowledge of third party operations, and knowledge of CPT, ICD10 utilized in medical billing and medical billing terminology.
- Ability to set priorities and work independently, exercising good judgment, and multi-task in a high stress, fast-paced service environment with patients, patient's family, insurance carriers, and leadership
- Ability to comply with procedural guidelines and instructions and to solicit assistance when situations arise that deviate from the norm.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in order to interact with all levels of customers both internal and external.
- Excellent customer service skills to work effectively with insurance carriers, patients, and colleagues.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct and good working relationships with staff, management, and payers, including handling upset or disgruntled callers.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and an attention to detail.
A minimum of two years' experience in healthcare billing, healthcare customer service, or a related field.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Financial Clearance Center Representative
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Utilization and Appeals Management Analyst
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Lead Utilization and Appeals Manager
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Utilization and Appeals Coordinator