Occupational Therapist-PVFacility: Catholic Home Care Location: Middle Island, NY Department: Team 8 Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Per Visit Shift: Day shift Hours: varies ReqNum: 6029777
For more than 100 years, Catholic Home Care has been delivering care to people in their homes. Founded by the Congregation of the Infant Jesus, the sisters have provided care to the sick and dying without regard to a person's religion, race, gender or economic status. Despite the developments that have occurred over the years, the original commitment remains the same--from the moment the staff enter a home until the last contact with that patient, personnel will endeavor to offer the most comprehensive and compassionate health care available.
The Catholic Home Care Occupational Therapist will:
- Develop an appropriate plan of care based on skilled evaluations, physicians' orders and the patient's individual needs.
- Provides care within the prescribed treatment and in accordance with Agency policy.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of therapy in accomplishing goals and intended patient care outcomes.
- Visits patients in a timely manner, in accordance with Agency guidelines.
- Demonstrates pertinent aspects of therapy in a complete, clear and concise manner and submits documentation in accordance with Agency policy.
- Develops a home exercise program. Instructs patient/caregiver and appropriate Agency personnel on safe and effective implementation of the home exercise program.
- Maintains the dignity and confidentiality of the patient and clinical record at all times.
- Baccalaureate degree from a University or College with an accredited program by the AMA or AOTA.
- NYS Registered Professional Occupational Therapist
- 1 year experience as an Occupational Therapist.
- Computer Literacy required.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Home Care RN