Medical AsstFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician Practice Location: Fresh Meadows, NY Department: SFH CV Physician Practice-P Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: M-F 9-5, One late night 10-6pm ReqNum: 6030246
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Competency is all skills related to the performance of providing exceptional patient care.
- Assist in explaining policies, procedures, or services to our patients using your clinical and administrative knowledge based upon the scope of the physician's practice.
- Proficiency with care tasks such as phlebotomy, aseptic technique, etc.
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visits.
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record.
- Ability to work with an Electronic Health Record, Practice Management and Scheduling systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with effective oral and written communication skills to enhance age-specific patient care, team collaboration and analytical problem solving.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask and follow-through.
- Assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS training and current certification required.
- Minimum of two years' experience as MA in a physician practice or ambulatory environment preferred.
- Physician Practice RN