Charge Nurse - Childrens Residential ProgramFacility: Maryhaven Location: Port Jefferosn, NY Department: Childrens Services - Health De Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm (weekends and holidays off) ReqNum: 1840
Maryhaven is a nonprofit, Long Island based agency committed to helping persons with special needs including intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and/or substance abuse/dependence issues to realize their full potential. The agency's purpose is to establish, maintain and operate progressive programs and services which are residential, educational, vocational, and rehabilitative in nature. The ideal goal is the attainment of normalization, in all aspects of life, for each individual we support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the overall medical care for all of the individuals in accordance with regulatory requirements and agency policy, utilizing professional nursing standards, Assumes the Nursing Supervisor responsibilities in the Supervisor's absence.
If you are looking for more than a job and want a career that makes a difference in someone's life. Requirements:
- Licensed and currently registered to practice as a professional Nurse in the state of New York
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in a supervisory positions
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- valid NYS driver's license
- Experience with developmentally disabled population preferred
- Experienced with OPWDD regulations
At Maryhaven, which is part of Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. Due to our extensive network of programs and services, the opportunities for career growth are significant. Come enjoy working with others as you chart your own course for the future!