Medical Office AssistantFacility: St. Charles Physician Practice Location: Port Jefferson, NY Department: SCH Colorectal Surgery-P Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: Between 8a-6p ReqNum: 6046273
St. Charles Hospital is a 243-bed, acute care community hospital located in Port Jefferson, NY and is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of LI, the healing ministry of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, and has served the residents of the Three Village area for more than 110 years.
The Medical Assistant is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment
- Assist with front office duties: greeting patients, answering phones, and verifying insurances
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visit
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations
- Assisting patients with various needs when not providing direct patient care clinical support
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record
- Competition of an accredited Medical Assistant program required
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- BCLS training and current certification required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience as MA in a physician practice or ambulatory environment preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.