Practice Support AssociateFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Charles Physician Practice Location: Port Jefferson, NY Department: SCH Urology 2 - Press-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:30AM-5:00PM ReqNum: 6030603
Practice Support Associate
St. Charles Hospital is a 243-bed, acute care community hospital located in Port Jefferson, NY and is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of LI, the healing ministry of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, and has served the residents of the Three Village area for more than 110 years. St. Charles is renowned for its outstanding customer service and scored as one of the top hospitals on Long Island in the delivery of high quality care. St. Charles Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
As a Practice Support Associate for Catholic Health Services, you will be responsible for a variety of clerical duties to help facilitate the daily functions of the Physician Practice. This position requires the ability to function in a multi-tasking computerized environment including use of the CHS EPIC Practice Management System.
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling physician correspondence
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations
- Assisting patients with various needs
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree or completion of a related specialty program in an accredited school is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills to enhance population specific service, team collaboration and analytical problem solving
- Can multitask and work efficiently
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Able to use, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Physician Practice Medical Office Assistant