RNFacility: St Charles Hospital Location: Port Jefferson, NY Department: Emergency Department Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Varied hours Hours: varied ReqNum: 6034084
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse specializes in providing critical medical care and specialized medical treatment to patients that are critically injured or ill.
Our Emergency Department RN's:
- Coordinate a patient-focused team in providing direct and collaborative health care designed to promote and restore optimal health across the life span.
- Utilize all components of the nursing process in providing care that reflects an understanding of individual cultural and religious diversities and needs, and recognition of patient rights.
- Utilize knowledge and expertise in case management to provide comprehensive, coordinated, seamless care to individuals and aggregate groups.
- Coordinate, integrate, and facilitate the patient/provider relationship.
- Passion for Emergency Nursing
- 1+ Years working RN experience required
- 1+ years acute care RN experience and/or previous Critical Care/Emergency Department RN experience strongly preferred
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree strongly preferred
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: AHA Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS), & Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications are required
- Ability to handle information with strict confidentiality
- Excellent critical thinking skills with ability to provide rapid assessment and treatment of patients' ailments as ordered
St. Charles Hospital is a 243-bed, acute care community hospital located in Port Jefferson, NY and is a proud member of Catholic Health. St. Charles Hospital has served the residents of the Three Village area for more than 110 years and is renowned for its outstanding customer service and scored as one of the top hospitals on Long Island in the delivery of high quality care. St. Charles is a New York State Department of Health and Joint Commission designated Primary Stroke Center. Our Emergency room serves more than 25,000 senior, adult and pediatric emergency room patients each year ranging from a wide array of medical issues including critical or complex conditions such as heart attack and stroke to simpler yet urgent problems. Our emergency room physicians are board-certified in emergency medicine and expertly trained in treating critical and complex conditions including (but not limited to) Stroke, Heart Attack (Chest Pain), Severe Sepsis, COPD, Gastrointestinal Bleeds, Acute Renal Failure, and complications involving Pacemakers. The St. Charles medical team also includes nurse practitioners and nurses specially trained in emergency and critical care. Medical specialists are called upon as needed and include obstetrics, neurology, orthopedics, pediatrics and surgery. Our services include 18 beds, 6 private treatment rooms and 1 specialized orthopedic treatment room, a negative pressure room to isolate patients with communicable illnesses, like the flu; bedside ultrasound, when appropriate, to speed evaluation and diagnosis, and a State-of-the-art digitized radiography system. The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is a state-of-the-art multidisciplinary ICU and Stroke Unit. The unit is a general ICU that includes critically ill cardiac, respiratory, septic, neurological, surgical, neurosurgical, orthopedic and gynecology patients.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.