RN-PDFacility: St Charles Hospital Location: Port Jefferson, NY Department: Special Procedures Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Per Diem/Casual On Call Shift: Varied hours Hours: varied ReqNum: 6031155
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a St. Charles Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Special Procedures RN's:
- Manage the overall care for patients undergoing diagnostic and interventional procedures, Endoscopy, and our large interventional Pain Management program. This includes sedation, preservation of the sterile field, ACLS management, & documentation.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, coaching, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Procedural Nursing
- 2+ Years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience working in a Procedural or Critical Care Unit required
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree preferred
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), & Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certifications required
St. Charles Hospital is a 243-bed, acute care community hospital located in Port Jefferson, NY. St. Charles is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of LI, the healing ministry of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, and has served the residents of the Three Village area for more than 110 years. The non-profit hospital features three centers of excellence: Maternal/Child services, Orthopedics, and Rehabilitation. St. Charles is renowned for its outstanding customer service and scored as one of the top hospitals on Long Island in the delivery of high quality care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.