SVP Chief Operating OfficerFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Port Washington, NY Department: Administration Category: Newly Created Position Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: Varied ReqNum: 6018461
Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Under the direction of the President of St. Francis Hospital, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) directs, administers and oversees the hospital's operational activities to ensure high quality care while achieving financial strength and operating efficiencies. With direct responsibility for designated departments, key responsibilities include coordinating and integrating care and services, evaluating new care delivery models, overseeing the efficient utilization of hospital facilities, and managing initiatives in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
The COO will build collegial relationships with staff, colleagues, employed/voluntary physicians, and community organizations to develop services to meet community needs. The COO will assume all responsibilities in a manner that is consistent with the culture, mission, vision and values of St. Francis Hospital and Catholic Health Services (CHS).
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience:Minimum of 10 years progressive administrative experience in a health care organization with 5 or more years as a Senior Hospital Executive with responsibility over relevant operational areas.
Education: Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration, Business Administration or a related field is required.
Results-oriented with the ability to execute strategic and operating goals.
Adept at leading change and committed to the benefits of a system focus.
Strong business acumen with excellent financial and analytical skills.
Demonstrated ability to increase market share and identify new programs.
Capable of driving high-quality and exceptional service by developing successful partnerships with physicians, nurses, hospital staff and the community at large.
Good organizational skills, computer skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements:This job operates in a professional office environment requiring periods of sitting and standing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explores and implements opportunities for strategic growth, identifying and launching initiatives to capture and increase market share.
- Collaborates with Medical Staff in support of existing clinical programs and the development of new programs.
- Maintains strong relationships and communication with clinical leadership to monitor performance.Takes action to improve the quality, safety, effectiveness and efficiency of patient services and satisfaction. Addresses obstacles in a timely manner.
- Enforces a culture of accountability to achieve operational and financial goals while empowering others to be innovative and action-oriented.
- Assists in budget preparation and ensures departments function within established parameters.
- Participates in the planning and management of major capital acquisitions/projects such as equipment purchases, lease arrangements, construction and other facility related expenses. Evaluates the effectiveness of systems, program development, fiscal management, clinical measures, physician relationships, outreach strategies, and other related areas.
- Develops and administers hospital-wide policies and procedures, and makes sure that the hospital is in compliance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Keeps current with changes and trends that affect assigned areas of responsibility and recommends innovative programs, service changes and new technologies that are consistent with the goals of the hospital.
- In the absence of the President, represents SFH to internal and external stakeholders.
- Holds self and others accountable for supporting the mission, vision and values of SFH and CHS by exhibiting the following behaviors: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Continuously reinforces a culture of safety and engagement throughout the organization resulting in a positive patient and employee experience.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.