Certified Coder - Per DiemFacility: CHS Services Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: HIM EMPI DRG Appeals Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6023218
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes. Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
Please note this is a Per Diem opportunity
- Thoroughly read and interpret the documentation contained in every medical record to identify all diagnoses and procedures to which codes must be affixed.
- Assess the adequacy of documentation to ensure that it supports the principle diagnosis, principle procedure, complications and comorbid conditions assigned codes.
- Demonstrates a strong familiarity of diagnostic and procedural terminology.
- Ability to apply knowledge of disease processes and to index medical terms/procedures to the appropriate class in the classification system.
- Apply knowledge of ICD-10-CM instructional notations and conventions to facilitate location of the correct code (s) for each episode of care.
- Facilitate comprehensive retrieval by recognizing when more than one code is required to adequately code a given condition.
- Apply knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding principles to completely and correctly code episodes of patient care.
- Enter and edit patient data for assigning DRG's in the Grouper, following approved guidelines for coding and sequencing.
- Enter and edit patient data into computerized abstracting system for in-patients and outpatients as assigned.
- Utilize accurate CPT codes for the procedural coding of ambulatory surgery patients.
- Follow all coding guidelines, rules and regulations when assigning codes.
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED
- CCS or CCS-P required
- Minimum one year preferred experience with hospital ICD-10-CM and CPT Coding. A coding certificate from an approved program.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Physician Practices Talent Tuesdays!
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island VP Eastern Region, Planning and Design
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Practice Support Associate
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer