Clinical Pastoral EducatorFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: App Devel-Patient Systems Category: Educational / Research Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018422
Under the general direction of the System Director for Spiritual Care and Pastoral Education, the Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor is responsible to conduct Levels l, ll, and Supervisory Clinical Pastoral Education as stated in the standards of the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE). She/he develops curriculum, coordinates with Pastoral Care Directors of the facilities in the supervision of students' clinical work, provides educational opportunities, and evaluates students. She/he takes responsibility, in consultation with the System Director, for delivery of pastoral care education, as assigned, and implementing the Catholic Health Services mission to humbly join together to bring Christ's healing mission and the mission of mercy of the Catholic Church to our communities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Delivers the clinical pastoral education programs of the department in accordance with the standards of ACPE.
- Conduct timely admissions interviews, communicate admission decisions, and handle application materials in a professional manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct orientation program; execute letter of agreement with all CPE students, providing Student Handbook.
- Design curriculum for student-centered learning; develop educational goals.
- Provide, both, individual and group supervision of CPE students.
- Prepare written reports and observe pastoral ministry provided by CPE student to offer critique and evaluate performance.
- Maintain updated records on students' performance.
- Prepare written evaluation of each CPE student at the conclusion of their program or within the 45 day period after the program.
- Expedite all disciplinary, complaint, withdrawal, and leave of absence procedures involving CPE students in accordance with policies.
- In consultation with the System Director, organize and attend meetings with the Pastoral Care Advisory Committee to keep members informed about educational activities and receive comment about CPE program quality
- Continually strive for high standards of excellence in CPE.
- Maintain relationship to ACPE through participation at the regional and national levels.
- Maintain CHSLI standing as ACPE Center as measured by ongoing accreditation.
- Support an interdisciplinary approach to pastoral care.
- Participate in the Spiritual Care and Pastoral Education department's plan for continuous quality improvement.
- Participate in programs and administrative activities of CHSLI. Monthly staff meetings.
- Participate in regular professional development activities and supervision.
- M.Div. in Theology from an accredited institution.
- NACC BCC Certification required.
- Certification as a Clinical Pastoral Education Supervisor through ACPE required
- At least 5 years of administrative and management experience in CPE supervision.
- Leadership abilities and excellent communication skills.