Director of Food and Nutrition ServicesFacility: Mercy Hospital Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Food & Nutritional Services Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00-4:00 ReqNum: 6044327
- Manages department operations. Plans, organizes & directs activities. Develops goals & objectives. Establishes implements & ensures staff compliance to policies, procedures & standards.
- Manages the financial & physical resources of the department. Prepares annual department budget as per Mercy Hospital’s policy. Ensures equipment and supply inventories are adequately maintained. Manages purchasing of supplies and equipment. Addresses budgetary restraints, makes recommendations to resolve issues and make improvements.
- Manages the clinical nutrition services provided by the department. Ensures compliance to established clinical policies & procedures. Monitors and evaluates clinical performance through the departments Performance Improvement activities.
- Provides technical advice and consultation to staff and other personnel on difficult or unusual clinical care needs.
- Ensures all changes in clinical practice policies & procedures are disseminated to staff and appropriately documented.
- Ensures proper staffing effectiveness. Ensures completion of and adherence to staffing schedules. Manages promotions, transfers, terminations and hiring of staff.
- Coordinates orientations, ensures proper training of staff regarding position duties and responsibilities, policies & procedures, fire & safety regulations and other requirements as appropriate.
- Fosters effective employee communications, conducts regularly scheduled department staff meetings. Coordinates and/or conducts training initiatives and mandatory in-service programs.
- Maintains employee files which include but not limited to; time & attendance records, credentials, performance evaluations, inservices, counseling & disciplinary actions, written requests, grievances and follow-up.
- Ensures 100% compliance to staff performance evaluation completion within the established guidelines & timeframes of Mercy Medical Center and regulatory agencies
Master’s Degree in Food Services preferred
5 years of progressive experience in Hospital food Service Management. Strong clinical, educational, and management skills. Knowledge of accounting, finance and budgeting, foods, equipment and meal delivery systems. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with computers and related software programs. Previous union experience required.
License: NYS Registered Dietitian strongly preferred