Financial Analyst (Internal Position)Facility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Strategic Planning & Implmtn Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018083 Internal Position
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Analyst is responsible for assisting the Manager of Finance Physician Enterprise with the financial responsibilities of the Physician Enterprise. Serves as the strategic link between finance and operations for the Physician Enterprise. Continuously performs financial analysis to ensure achievement of physician enterprise financial objectives and support of CHSLI's mission. Works closely with Corporate Finance department and operations leaders to develop, implement, and monitor annual operating and capital budgets and business plans. Identifies and implements opportunities to improve financial operations and performance.
- Contributes to and consistently applies CHS Services' policies, procedures, and benefits to all customers and/or employees without discrimination.
- Provide assistance to all physician enterprise departments related to the performance of financial management matters. Monitor group and departmental budgetary performance and internal controls.
- Conducts monthly expense, revenue, and volume monitoring through a thorough understanding of the general ledger and budgeting systems
- Utilization of Microsoft Excel models for financial analysis purposes and assist in developing financial models.
- Assists in the preparation of Physician Enterprise budgets including, but not limited to, supporting schedules, memos and accumulation of financial and statistical data.
- Assist in developing and reporting of key financial KPIs
- Assist in the preparation of monthly production reports for all employed providers and closely monitor volume trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration discipline (Accounting, Finance, Management, etc.).
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be organized and able to assemble documentation to support work product.
- Strong PC skills required with Microsoft Excel proficiency mandatory.
- Excellent analytical skills are required
- One to two years experience required. Healthcare finance experience preferred, but not required.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.