Grant WriterFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Exec Administration Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM ReqNum: 6019485
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
At the direction of System Director of Major Gifts, the Grant Writer is responsible for coordinating, writing and submitting proposals in response to foundation, corporate and government funding opportunities. The Grant Writer will work collaboratively with administration, management and development colleagues at several organizations across Catholic Health Services of Long Island.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant requests on behalf of individual foundations across the healthcare system. Gather information about funding needs by meeting with Foundation Executive Directors and program directors.
- Proactively identify funding opportunities that match with program needs. Respond to internal requests for grant writing based on RFPs.
- Distill information provided by subject matter experts to create accurate and persuasive letters of inquiry/proposals.
- Prepare attachments and other collateral material for proposals.
- Provide information to assist in grant tracking and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications or related field.
- Minimum experience of two years in grant writing (healthcare setting preferred). Must have a record of demonstrated success in securing significant institutional funding.
- Ability to work with technical information from a broad range of clinical disciplines and interdisciplinary areas.
- Solid knowledge of foundation, corporate and government funding sources. Excellent communication and editorial skills.
- Ability to navigate a complex deadline-oriented environment, independently establish priorities and achieve stated goals.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively as needed. Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to CHS business and prospective funders.
- Must have valid driver's license and be willing to travel occasionally between sites in Roslyn, Rockville Centre, Farmingdale, Smithtown, West Islip and Port Jefferson.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.