Grant WriterFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: East Hills, NY Department: Exec Administration Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM ReqNum: 6019485
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
This is a full-time opportunity for a grant writer with experience seeking funding on behalf of healthcare systems. The Grant Writer is responsible for coordinating, writing and submitting proposals on behalf of Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHSLI) in response to opportunities through the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation and also government agencies. The position reports to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of CHSLI.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant requests on behalf of the healthcare system.
- Proactively identify funding opportunities that match with system needs, with specific focus on opportunities at the Mother Cabrini Health Foundation, as well as those generated by local, state and federal government agencies.
- Distill complex information provided by subject matter experts to create accurate and persuasive letters of inquiry/proposals.
- Prepare attachments and other collateral material for proposals.
- Manage grant tracking and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications or related field.
- Minimum experience of two years in grant writing (healthcare setting preferred). Must have a record of demonstrated success in securing significant institutional funding.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to navigate the government funding process and establish collaborations and partnerships as needed.
- Ability to work with technical information from a broad range of clinical disciplines and interdisciplinary areas.
- Solid knowledge of foundation, corporate and government funding sources.
- Excellent communication and editorial skills.
- Ability to navigate a complex deadline-oriented environment, independently establish priorities and achieve stated goals.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility.
- Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively as needed.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.