Payroll SpecialistFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Payroll Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9a -5p ReqNum: 6022450
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Payroll Specialist processes and verifies payroll information on a timely basis while maintaining employee payroll records and ensures that employee time is reported and processed accurately in the preparation of payroll checks and direct deposit vouchers.
- Performs duties relative to the corporation's overall payroll function including the review, correction and approval of data prior to processing paychecks.
- Determines that employees are paid at authorized rates and in accordance with approved CHS Services' policies and IRS regulations.
- Assists in the data input and preparation required in producing an in-house bi-weekly payroll, including the issuance of paychecks, direct deposit vouchers/tape and all reports generated by this payroll process. Reviews input data ensuring the correct coding of expense distributions.
- Assigns and maintains authorized income and deduction (voluntary & non-voluntary) codes to employees.
- Prepares on-demand payroll checks as needed. Posts payroll cycles and reconciles to batch totals.
- Processes check requests and supporting documentation for the remittance of annuities / garnishments / credit union and insurance deductions payable to outside agencies.
- Performs electronic transmissions as required by agencies.
- Maintains an accurate filing system of the payroll forms and reports.
- Responds to all requests for information and telephone inquiries in accordance with established standards and procedures.
- Prepares required compensation, disability, employment verification forms and assists in the preparation of the annual pensionable earnings (report to the Diocesan Pension Plan)
- Establishes and demonstrates competency in the payroll system and associated applications.
- Responsible for being cross-trained in all phases of payroll processing for multiple entities.
- Assists as required with General Accounting functions.
- Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- High School Diploma with a minimum of two years experience in bookkeeping or accounting practices.
- Requires two or three year's prior payroll experience.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.