Planning AnalystFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Strategic Planning & Implmtn Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018815
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Provides analytical support to all CHSLI Planning Department business analyses, and presentation development for executive leadership, including the following aspects: 1) integrating and validating internal (e.g., STAR, EPSI, EPIC), 2) external data (e.g., HANYS Market Expert, Crimson Market Advantage, Advisory Board Market Scenario Planner), and 3) researching related information to assist in formulating decisions. Works broadly to support data for multiple internal business partners, including leadership at the hospitals, service lines, medical group, continuing care delivery system and the executive leadership team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to incorporate competitive and marketplace intelligence from external sources as part of overall strategic recommendations to the system initiatives, including market share data, physician profiling, market projections, and market research. Understands historical and future market projections and supporting background research to develop information around key business initiatives being investigated.
- Ability to utilize multiple report generation databases and manipulate the data output into pivot tables to further analyze and present data in a clear and understandable format.
- Ability to synthesize and summarize data from multiple sources into actionable reports and supporting presentations.
- Ability to use external databases to develop market share level reports by region, zip code service areas, service lines, hospital entities, physician profiles and discharge type/procedures.
- Execute on physician profile development to include key data for targeted opportunities, including utilizing Crimson Market Share Advantage, Advisory Board Market Scenario Planner and HANYS Market Expert to create a standardized profile.
- Understand market projections and supporting background research to develop information around key business initiatives being investigated.
- Assist in the development of key presentations using Power Point and various other programs to display information in a cohesive manner.
- Ability to communicate openly, clearly, persuasively, and concisely intra-departmentally, as well as, inter-organizationally both in writing and verbally preferred.
- Keep current on legislative and industry changes that may impact various health related programs.Demonstrates initiative to carry out assigned responsibilities, keeping constantly alert to new strategic planning and/or research/evaluation opportunities, techniques, and approaches preferred.
- Demonstrates professionalism, poise, and authority along with promoting a strong sense of teamwork, purpose, and team spirit relative to internal planning efforts are preferred
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred in business/hospital administration, health services administration (management), or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience Master's degree in social sciences, marketing research, business/hospital administration, health services administration (management), or related field preferred.
- Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Other programs as required. Strong Data and Analytical Skills.
- Stamina and an ability to coordinate a multitude of tasks in a fast-paced
- Mental alertness, at times requires critical thinking under stressful situations.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for a prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to speak with clear diction and hear normal sounds with some background noise as in answering phone, paging system, etc.
- Ability to push/pull light objects of less than 20 pounds.
- Ability to see objects closely as in computer screens, software applications and reports, etc.
- Ability to perform simple motor skills such as writing, typing, etc.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to demonstrate a calm demeanor and project a positive attitude.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.