RN-PACUFacility: Mercy Medical Center Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: PACU/Recovery Room Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8a/8:30p ReqNum: 6035808
Registered Nurse (RN) Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
Are you a determined Registered Nurse consistently providing outstanding, compassionate patient care? Do you build relationship of trust and advocacy with your patients and their loved ones? Do you thrive in a progressive, team-oriented environment?
Then you have what it takes to be a Mercy Hospital Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) RN's:
- Recover, assess, monitor, administer medication and manage overall care for patients from pediatrics to geriatrics who have undergone surgical procedures under anesthesia (general, regional, and MAC).
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients' loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the PACU
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in a Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) or Critical Care Unit preferred
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in medical/surgical required
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: NYS Registered Nurse License
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required. Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) certification preferred
- On Call Required
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.