Senior AccountantFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Financial Reporting Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6019310
- Perform assigned accounting functions, complete assigned reports and provide accurate and timely information for review by the Director.
- Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries related to expense and balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for tracking of fixed assets through the asset management program of Lawson.
- Create and analyze supporting schedules and general ledger accounts for interim, monthly and year end closing.
- Review monthly trial balance of general ledger and perform account analysis including variance explanations.
- Provide accurate and timely information for review by the Director.
- Create supporting schedules as needed for the preparation of the tax form 1120 and Internal and Audited Financial statements.
- Perform varying account analysis and workpapers.
- Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested by the Director and Assistant Vice President of Financial Reporting.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Accounting required
- PC and Excel knowledge mandatory.
- Knowledge of Lawson software a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Account and accrual analysis needed.
- Expense and balance sheet account analysis mandatory.
- Experience with preparation of Footnotes for the Audited Financial statements a plus.
- Position will require overtime for certain periods of the year.
- 3-5 years Accounting experience required (healthcare preferred).