Senior AccountantFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Financial Reporting Category: Administrative / Business Support ReqNum: 6038872
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes. Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
- Perform assigned accounting functions, complete assigned reports and provide accurate and timely information for review by the Director.
- Compile and update monthly internal financial statements as well as supporting documents for the quarterly and annual financial statements. This includes a working knowledge of GAAP and interaction with external auditors for annual audit.
- Responsible for preparing monthly journal entries related to expense and balance sheet accounts for internal corporate entities.
- Create and have working knowledge of supporting schedules for the preparation of the tax forms 990 and 1120 for all entities.
- Create and analyze supporting schedules, workpapers and general ledger accounts for interim, monthly and year end closing and provide appropriate variance analysis.
- Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested by the Director and Assistant Vice President of Financial Reporting.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Accounting required
- PC and Excel knowledge mandatory.
- Knowledge of Lawson, Strata, Essbase a plus.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Highly analytical with working knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience with preparation of Footnotes for the Audited Financial statements a plus.
- Position will require overtime for certain periods of the year.
- 3-5 years Accounting experience required (healthcare preferred).