Senior Vice President of Corporate FinanceFacility: CHS Services Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Financial Reporting Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6050176
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
Reporting to the EVP and Chief Financial Officer, the SVP of Corporate Finance will be responsible for the oversight of the financial operations and reporting associated with Catholic Health and its affiliated entities. The functions of general accounting and financial reporting including revenue recognition, capital and operating budgets, decision support and Strata Performance Management are key reporting responsibilities of this position. The Vice President of Financial Reporting/Corporate controller, VP of Finance and Performance Management and System Director of Decision Support will report directly into this position.
- Oversees, establishes strategic goals and directs the three leaders and related teams reporting into the position ensuring timely and accurate delivery of information.
- Supports the CFO in all aspects pertaining to Corporate Finance including preparation for and presentations to leadership, Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Investment Committee and Corporate Members.
- Partners with entity leadership to ensure appropriate and timely delivery of corporate services within the position’s responsibility
- Presents and participates at Senior Leadership meetings at the direction of Executive Leadership and/or CFO.
- Oversees the Operating and Capital budget processes for Catholic Health, inclusive of facilitating updates to management and Finance Committee/Board presentation preparations.
- Oversees Strata Performance Management, Continuous Improvement and other modules related to Catholic Health’s partnership with Strata as well as manages the overall relationship with Strata.
- Oversees the Decision Support responsibilities including data integrity & maintenance of the Strata DSS platform, reporting, costing analysis and other aspects related to the department.
- Oversees external reporting requirements including IRS 990 (and related tax filings), annual external audit, bond regulatory compliance and other required filings.
- Oversees all aspects of financial reporting, including revenue recognition, preparation of the monthly financial statements and related statistical and operational information.
- Supports the CFO related to treasury activities including debt compliance, new debt arrangements/renewals, rating agency reporting, cash management and banking relationships.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities:
- The ability to articulate and demonstrate commitment to the integration of CHS’ mission into strategy and operations at every level of the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of the healthcare industry, particularly on evolving environmental trends.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully balance the needs and requirements of a system with those of a local facility.
- Demonstrated commitment to working as a visible senior leader representing CHS in the community, establishing new and strengthening existing strategic relationships.
- Track record of successful customer service, communication effectiveness, relationship building, business plan execution and ongoing development.
- Ability to develop and maintain trusting and effective relationships with system and facility leadership teams, physicians and business partners.
- High degree of initiative coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills to generate a sense of trust and teamwork.
- Comfort with shared ownership of programs, initiatives, and deliverables.
- High degree of integrity and personal conduct that is reflective of the mission and values of CHS.
- Ability to travel daily among CHS facilities and community practices throughout Nassau, Suffolk and Queens Counties.
Minimum Qualifications for Position:
Education: Master’s Degree in business administration, healthcare administration, a medical degree or a related healthcare field is preferred.
Certifications: Certified Public Accountant preferred.
Experience: Ten years of progressive financial oversight experience in a complex healthcare organization is required.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Physician Practices Talent Tuesdays!
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Assistant Vice President for Bioethics Formation and Consultation
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Analyst, Outside Services
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Staff Accountant