Staff AccountantFacility: CHS Services Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Financial Reporting Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM ReqNum: 6048672
The General Accounting team is seeking a motivated individual with a background in accounting to perform assigned accounting functions, complete assigned reports and provide accurate and timely information for review by the supervising senior accountant, Assistant Director, and Director. General Accounting is part of the Corporate Finance team, which handles the centralized accounting function for all of Catholic Health (CH), which includes six hospitals, three nursing homes, continuing care facilities, physician practices, foundations and corporate and shared services. Our team of accountants work closely with the other members of the Finance team, both within the department and at the aforementioned facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completion of daily cash reconciliation for assigned bank accounts across several facilities. Includes analysis of reconciling items and requires strong Excel skills.
- Preparation of corresponding monthly bank reconciliations for assigned bank accounts.
- Analysis of expense accounts and calculation/estimation of various accruals for assigned facilities.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for various balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis of balance sheet and income/expense accounts.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly account reconciliations/workpapers.
- May assist in preparation of schedules for the monthly financial statements and other ad hoc requests for special projects or new initiatives.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Accounting required
- 1-3 years accounting experience required (healthcare preferred)
- PC and strong Excel knowledge mandatory
- Knowledge of Lawson, Essbase and Epic a plus
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage to deadlines and changing priorities
- Willingness to learn and ability to think creatively to come up with solutions
- Position will require overtime for certain periods of the year