SVP, Real Estate Development Facilities ManagementFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Administration Category: Leadership ReqNum: 6036088
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes. Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
This position provides oversight for all facilities development and services including facility design and construction, building maintenance and managing the property portfolio of the health system. Oversees all activities related to facility planning, design, construction and maintenance. Works with Catholic Health leadership to develop real estate strategy and execute on capital plans for existing and new facilities. Manages all property leases, owned properties and assesses the viability of proposed projects insuring that they align with the health system mission, goals and objectives
Leads a team of professionals and support staff to improve patient throughput, increase revenue, and decrease operational expenses through the superior delivery of facility management maintenance and grounds services. The SVP is a key executive working with Catholic Health system and facility leadership to further improve the efficiency, function and aesthetics of our real estate portfolio and expand, and shape the health systems total compliment of plants, buildings, medical offices and ambulatory care sites across our geographic markets.
- Oversee the maintenance and expansion of all existing facilities and lead the development of new facilities to support the growth strategy of the health system.
- Oversee all contractual services related to facilities management.
- Manages all property leasing arrangements in coordination with legal and other stakeholders.
- Oversee the estimating of construction costs for new projects and provides direction on all construction related issues and considerations.
- Develop and oversee an enterprise wide multi-year energy efficiency program.
- Ensures the completion of architectural drawings according to construction schedule. Ensures project plans take into account proper engineering.
- Responsible for ensuring effective oversight of the project management team.
- Oversees construction schedule and ensures projects are completed on time, on budget and at quality. Communicates changes in schedule to all stakeholders.
- Ensures that construction sites are neat and well organized and that curb appeal is a continual focus during the construction process.
- Enforces contract guidelines with subcontractors and vendors. Discharges subcontractors who fail to comply with contract requirements, job specifications and or established quality standards.
- Ensures that a safe environment is in place for employees, visitors and contractors, as well as a safe living environment for patients and residents during and upon completion of the construction process.
- Oversees the performance of the facility based building management teams to ensure that work stays on schedule and meets all budget and quality requirements.
- Lead the pursuit of potential development sites and collaborate with the Catholic Health leadership team on acquisition strategies.
- Lead all aspects of the project development process, including land acquisition, entitlements, leasing, financing and asset sales.
Skills, Knowledge, or Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of guidance and regulations relating to the planning, design and construction of hospitals, outpatient facilities, residential healthcare and support facilities.
- Extensive experience in complying with and training field personnel on regulatory requirements related to construction, including EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Knowledge of construction methods, practices, materials, estimating, scheduling and management.
- Proven track record in managing multiple construction projects simultaneously.
- Extensive experience in developing detailed job specifications and coordinating plan reviews.
- Extensive experience in construction scheduling and a strong track record of bringing construction projects in on schedule and on budget.
- Strong track record of bidding out construction projects, negotiating contracts and monitoring/managing subcontractor performance.
- Extensive experience in managing costs, tracking project budgets and developing reporting systems for project cost control and budget status.
- Ability to develop and maintain trusting and effective relationships with system and facility leadership teams, physicians and business partners.
- High degree of initiative coupled with strong interpersonal and communication skills to generate a sense of trust and teamwork.
- High degree of integrity and personal conduct that is reflective of the mission and values of Catholic Health.
Minimum Qualifications for Position:
Education: Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering or facilities management preferred and an advanced degree in business or healthcare administration. Registered architect preferred.
Experience: Ten plus years of facilities management, real estate and building construction experience at a senior level in a complex healthcare organization is required. Strong healthcare background and thorough knowledge of all building codes and guidelines for healthcare related building, construction and maintenance in NYS. Excellent communication skills and ability to inspire others and build consensus towards a shared vision.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Project Manager, Business Development
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Senior Vice President for Mission Integration
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Chief Digital and Information Officer
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island EVP, Chief Transformation Officer