VP Eastern Region, Planning and DesignFacility: CHS Services Location: Rockville Centre, NY Department: Real Estate & Facility Admin Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6046915
The CH Real Estate & Facilities Office is responsible to oversee those activities related to facility planning, design, construction and maintenance for the entire real estate portfolio of Catholic Health and support all facility strategic initiatives of CH. As Vice President of the Eastern Region, Planning and Design, this individual will be an integral member of the real estate and facilities senior team at CH. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, you will be responsible for oversite and design and construction delivery of the ambulatory and other hospital capital projects within the eastern region of Long Island, in addition to overseeing and supporting the successful completion of the planning and design process of all major projects across the entire Catholic Health network. This position will require robust collaboration with all key departments including legal, supply chain, business development and finance. Responsibilities will include overseeing all ambulatory projects in the eastern region of Long Island and oversight and collaborative support of all major planning and design projects across the CH’s hospital network. Lead efforts to further progress design standardization towards an exceptional patient experience, efficient operational maintenance and in alignment with CH’s strategic goals. Support the office’s efforts to progress policies, procedures and system alignment on the capital planning and implementation process. Garner facility-based feedback and stakeholder alignment on standardizing processes and heavily participate in de-carbonization, sustainability and energy saving efforts system-wide. Lead design related efforts within the system’s newly formed Real Estate & Facilities Council. Participate in professional development opportunities for system staff and other initiatives in collaboration with local schools and universities.
The position offers the opportunity for professional growth and development in a highly collaborative work environment. All members of the Real Estate and Facilities Offices have extensive interaction with our clients and must have the capacity to interact effectively with leadership across the organization.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive planning and design management experience in health care;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills regarding capital planning and design, budget and schedule management;
- Experience overseeing major redevelopment and working with municipalities and healthcare regulatory bodies on garnering appropriate approvals to move into construction.
- Knowledge in healthcare facilities design and construction requirements required;
- Familiarity with FGI standards, State Department of Health and other relevant agencies impacting healthcare facility design, strongly preferred;
- Expertise stewarding design concepts to full approval in local Long Island municipalities, strongly preferred;
- Strong analytic skills and the capacity to assess the business and legal terms of transactions and advise clients about both;
- A track record of managing professional staff and design consultants in a healthcare setting, strongly preferred;
- Interest in and capacity to work well as part of a team;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Capacity to manage a multi-faceted workload effectively;
- Experience mentoring professional staff preferred;
- Willingness to learn and tackle new evolving areas of regulatory requirements and trends in healthcare design; and
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience: Bachelors degree in architecture or urban planning required. Registered Architect, preferred. A minimum of ten years of applicable experience.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Physician Practices Talent Tuesdays!
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Certified Coder - Per Diem
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Practice Support Associate
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer