Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA)Facility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: SICU - CTICU - MICU Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time, Variable Shifts, Variable Days Shift: Varied hours Hours: varied ReqNum: 6016703
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Critical Care
SICU, MICU, CTICU
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
St. Francis is currently looking for an experienced acute care Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA) to be a part of our multidisciplinary hospital service team providing advanced, high quality healthcare.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Advanced Practice Provider will assist collaborating physicians in providing assessments, diagnosis, care and treatment of patients in an acute care setting
- Appropriate ordering of tests and medications
- Coordinating admissions and/or transfers to other facilities
- Consult with multidisciplinary team in patient coordination of care and discharge planning
- Critical Care experience strongly preferred: MICU, SICU, CTICU
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekend rotations and nights
- Bachelor of Science, Masters preferred in an AMA approved PA or NP program
- NYS Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License or Limited Permit
- PA or NP Board Certification
- BLS and ACLS certification
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.