Advanced Practice Provider (PA or NP) - TAVRFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Heart Valve - TAVR Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 4 X 10 hour shifts- M,W,TH, FRI ReqNum: 6018847
Advanced Practice Provider - NP/PA- Cardio - Full Time
TRANSCATHETER AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - TAVR Program
4 - 10 HOUR DAYS/EVES - NO WEEKENDS / NO HOLIDAYS
Mon 8a-6p, Wed 10a-8p, Thurs 10a-8p, Fri 8a-6p
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Heart Valve Center of Roslyn is currently looking for an Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA) to be a part of a multidisciplinary team providing advanced, high quality healthcare.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Advanced Practice Provider will provide diagnosis, care and treatment of valve replacement patients in a practice and acute care setting
- Performing assessments and providing appropriate ordering of medicine and testing
- Strong patient and family education
- Evaluation of patients, determining eligibility of patients for heart valve procedures
- Some inpatient rounding may be required
- Prior practitioner experience in Cardiology and Critical Care experience highly preferred
- Bachelor of Science, Masters preferred in an AMA approved PA or NP program
- Recent experience in TAVR patient population
- NYS Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License or Limited Permit
- PA or NP Board Certification
- BLS and ACLS certification
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.