Advanced Practice Provider - Surgery Service -PA or NPFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: PA General Surgery Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Night shift Hours: 7p-8a ReqNum: 6032612
Advanced Practice Provider- APP -
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The department of Surgery utilizes the Physician Assistants / PA's on the General Surgery service as a part of a multidisciplinary team providing advanced, high quality healthcare.
St. Francis provides a full spectrumof surgical services including General Surgery, Urology, Plastics, ENT and Neurosurgery in which the APP is a valued member. The Physician Assistant will provide services to patients at the main hospital campus.
Responsibilities will include:
- The APP in the department provides coverage on a 24/7 basis.
- Physician Assistant - First and/or second assist in surgical procedures in the Operating Room ( OR ).
- Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant - Provide floor coverage to Pre and Post OP patients.
- 2 years of experience preferred in the OR and surgical floor coverage
- Three 12.5 hour night shifts are required per week
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekend rotations.
- Bachelor of Science, Masters preferred in an AMA approved Physician Assistant program
- NYS Physician Assistant License or Limited Permit
- Board Certification and NYS licensure required
- BLS and ACLS certification
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.