Billing CoordinatorFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Interventional Cardiology Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9am-5pm ReqNum: 6031486
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
Billing Coordinator will be in charge of internal billing operations of cardiology practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operations of all Billing Department issues, report reconciliation & editing, identifying and correcting problematic claims issues, maintaining and generating reports and fee schedules, and performing as liaison between provider, patient and insurance carrier.Proficient with EMR.
- Ability to generate financial reports, CPT and ICD-10 coding, knowledge of insurance industry standards and excellent communication skills required in the appeals process.
- Conduct audit and review activities to improve the revenue cycle, claim production and coding integrity.
- Review data and systems to target areas of improvement. Identify improvement opportunities and facilitate appropriate education.
- Implement charge capture corrective measures and monitor tools to ensure sustainability of changes.
- Perform charge reconciliation process to ensure that charges are captured.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with internal and external teams to ensure integration and alignment of department priorities.
- Provide guidance and education related to billing and charge capture of services to multiple staff levels. Identify front-end operation improvements and assist with re-training.
- Review, monitor and facilitate implementation of billing and coding changes affecting charge capture processes in accordance with payer requirements. Coding hospital inpatient/outpatient charges. Identifying incorrect charges, performing as liaison between provider and physician charge capture area.
- HS Diploma/GED Required
- Experience working in a medical field is preferred
- Strong MS Office skills required.
Prior EMR experience. Ability to generate financial reports, CPT and ICD-10 coding, knowledge of insurance industry standards.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.