Biomedical EngineerFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Biomed/Clinical Engineering Category: Service and Trade Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: varied ReqNum: 6015141
Biomedical Engineer Technician
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performs repairs, calibrations, PM/safety testing on basic to intermediate medical devices.
- Provides ON-CALL emergency services with minimum assistance and supervision.
- Participates in equipment evaluation, and incoming inspection. Has thorough understanding of electrical safety as it applies to all patient conditions as well as the medical device user. Completely understands, carries out, and enforces departmental safety.
- A.A.S degree in medical electronics or similar discipline.
- Preferably 3-5 years repair/PM experience in a hospital setting.
- Knowledge of human physiology. Strong communication skills. Working knowledge of electrical safety as applies to hospital setting.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.