Medical AsstFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Electrophysiology Lab (EPS) Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5PM ReqNum: 6026366
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery.Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Medical Assistant will be working in a Physician Practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with Front Office Duties: Greeting Patients, answering phones, verifying insurances.
- Conducts EKGS, medical chart review and preparation, Vital Signs preparation of exam rooms
- Knowledge of single and 3 channel EKG equipment, computer background, knowledge of the following wave disorders: arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillation, PVC's. Tachycardia, myocardial infarction.
- Medical Assistant Certification is preferred
- Cardiology Experience is preferred
- HS Diploma/GED Required
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.