Medical TechnologistFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Cardiothoracic Lab Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time, including Weekends Shift: Evening shift Hours: 2P to 10P ReqNum: 6025992
Full Time, Evening Shift, 2PM-10PM
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Medical Technologist working in the Cardiothoracic functions in the Operating Suite as part of the Surgical Team providing assistance primarily to the Anesthesiologist and/or Surgeon during Open Heart and Vascular procedures.
- Performs Point of Care and/or Near Patient Testing
- Perform various other duties in the OR setting to support the Surgical Team
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and guidelines
- 1-2 years recent experience preferred
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Participates in the "on-call" schedule and extended shift coverage
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.