Medical TechnologistFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Lab Hematology Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: varied days ReqNum: 6032276
Clinical Laboratory Technologist
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Clinical Laboratory Technologist is an essential member of the Laboratory services team.
- Conducts routine and STAT laboratory testing
- Generalist experience preferred: point of care, hematology, microbiology, chemistry and blood bank
- Verifies and communicates test results with multidisciplinary team
- NYS Clinical Laboratory Technologist license
- Knowledge of hospital, federal, and state patient safety, infection control regulations and guidelines
- 1-2 years recent experience preferred
- Bachelor of Science
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Able to work independently
- Able to work rotating weekends and holidays as needed
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.