Nurse Educator/Clinical Nurse SpecialistFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Nursing Education Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: Full time ReqNum: 6032512
Clinical Nurse Educator, Oncology
With comprehensive services, innovative technology, and state-of-the-art facilities, The Cancer Institute at Good Samaritan is committed to provide the best in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. With a multispecialty, collaborative approach, our specialists care for the whole person physically, emotionally, and spiritually to provide outstanding outcomes.
We're seeking a compassionate, skilled Clinical Nurse Educator to lead our nursing staff at the Cancer Institute!
Clinical Nurse Educator for the Cancer Institute will:
- Educate, evaluate, and coach new employees with interdisciplinary collaboration
- Utilize a multifaceted approach to education of staff including didactic teaching, case based learning, computer based programs, and clinical management
- Attend required leadership meetings and participate on departmental committees
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in the delivery of biotherapy/chemotherapy agents
- Serve as a clinical and technical resource and role model for nursing personnel, physicians, and other departments
What you'll bring:
- Passion for
- Extensive experience as a Registered Nurse in Oncology
- Demonstrated competence in adult learning principles; prior Nursing Education or Faculty experience preferred
- Must have knowledge of Hospital policy and procedures
- Strong computer skills (MS Office); Strong leadership, time management, and verbal and written communication skills required Education: MSN required;
- Licensure: Current NYS RN license
- Certification: BLS and ACLS Instructor preferred, ONS & Biotherapy/Chemotherapy Certification Required
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.