Physical Therapist-Inpatient-Per DiemFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: PT Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day shift Hours: Varied days, 8 AM - 4 PM ReqNum: 6016434
Per Diem -Varied days, 8 AM-4 PM
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Physical Therapist provides inpatient acute care services and is a vital member of a multidisciplinary team providing advanced, high quality healthcare.
Responsibilities will include:
- Physical Therapy inpatient services of cardiac, orthopedic, neurologic, vascular, pulmonary and medical-surgical patients
- Educate patient and family members
- Work with interdisciplinary team for plan of care
- Knowledge of hospital, Joint Commission, state and federal guidelines
- Must have weekend and weekday availability
- NYS licensed and certified Physical Therapist
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong communication skills
- 1 - 2 years of experience required preferably in a hospital setting
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
*Per Diem positions are not eligible for paid time off and restrictions apply to benefit eligibility