Physician Assistant - CT SurgeryFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: CT Surgery Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Varied hours Hours: Varied ReqNum: 6020837
Physician Assistant - Cardiothoracic Surgery
Advanced Practice Provider - Full Time
Open Heart Programs of St. Francis Hospital and Good Samaritan Medical Center
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
St. Francis provides a full spectrum of surgical services and the Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant / PA is a valued member of our world renown Open Heart Program. The Physician Assistant will provide inpatient pre and post operative care as well as first or second assist in the most advanced CT Surgical procedures performed at St. Francis Hospital main campus in Roslyn, NY and Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Islip, NY.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Physician Assistants in the department provide coverage on a 24/7 basis.
- First and/or second assist in surgical procedures in the Operating Room ( OR ).
- Assists in the preparation of surgery and provides pre and post operative care.
- Some travel to Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Islip, NY.
- Responsible for performing patient assessments, ordering of tests and medication, and formulating plan of care.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding discharge planning, plan of care, transfers and admissions.
- 1-2 years of recent surgical experience preferred.
- Proficiency in endoscopic and/or open vein harvesting highly preferred.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, on call, and weekend rotations.
- Bachelor of Science, Masters preferred in an AMA approved Physician Assistant program.
- NYS Physician Assistant License or Limited Permit.
- NCCPA Certification.
- BLS and ACLS certification.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- St Francis Echo Technologist
- St Francis Transporter
- St Francis Advanced Practice Provider (PA or NP) - TAVR
- St Francis Advanced Practice Provider ( NP or PA ) Critical Care