Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Cardiothoracic SurgeryFacility: St. Francis Hospital and Heart Center Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Cardiothoracic Surgery Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time, Variable Shifts, Variable Days Shift: Varied hours Hours: Varied - required PM and AM shifts ReqNum: 6047137
Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner - Cardiothoracic Surgery
Advanced Practice Provider - Full Time
Open Heart Programs of St. Francis Hospital and Good Samaritan Medical Center
St. Francis Hospital is located in the heart of Roslyn, NY. Saint Francis is recognized by U.S News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology and Open Heart surgery as well as ranked 6th in New York State.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant/ Nurse Practitioner at the Open Heart Program at Saint Francis Hospital Heart Center and Good Samaritan open heart program. We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated, and hardworking Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our CT Service. We are willing to train APPs on the floor and PA’s in the Operating room. Our team is composed of 10 CT Surgeons and we first assist and take conduit for the cases. We have a great group of APP staff, ready to welcome all levels of experience. The position has a 37.5 hour work week with ample opportunity for call and overtime.
- Our operating room PAs are highly skilled, and are trained in endoscopic vein harvesting and first and / or second assist in surgical procedures in the Operating Room (OR). We do cases from CABG, aneurysm, TAVR’s, Valves, to LVAD, ECMO, some thoracic and robotic cases.
Floor Responsibilities include:
- APPs in the department provide coverage on a 24/7 basis.
- Provides pre and post-operative care.
- Floor PA / NP responsibilities are pre-op, postop, management of patients on telemetry, admissions, rounding with attending surgeon, placing and speaking with consultants.
- Travel to Good Samaritan Medical Center in West Islip, NY.
- Responsible for performing patient assessments, ordering of tests and medication, and formulating plan of care.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding discharge planning, plan of care, transfers and admissions.
- PA - Completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program, NCCPA Certification
- 1-2 years of recent surgical experience preferred but new graduates are welcome with rotation or fellowship in CT surgery.
- Proficiency in endoscopic vein harvesting highly preferred with incentive provided after proficiency determined.
- NP – Current RN license and current AANP or ANCC certification
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and calls..
- BLS and ACLS certification.
At Catholic Health, your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off, 4 days of paid CME and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.