Physician AssistantFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: CT Surgery Category: Physician / Mid-Level Practitioner Schedule: Full Time, Variable Days with Holiday coverage Shift: Varied hours Hours: variable ReqNum: 6013563
MID LEVEL PRACTITIONER - Physician Assistant -Cardiothoracic Surgery
Heart Centers of St. Francis and Good Samaritan Medical Center
- NYS Licensed PA, Board Certification, ACLS required.
- Recent surgical experience required, CT surgery preferred
- Will function as first or second assistant under the direction of surgeon.
- Endoscopic and open vein harvesting strong preferred but will train.
- Assists in the preparation for surgery and in providing pre and post-operative patient care.
- Must have flexible availability and be willing to travel between W. Islip and Roslyn.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including nights, weekends and call.
To assist the collaborating physicians with the diagnosis, care and treatment of patients within the acute care setting. Responsible for performing patient assessments and providing appropriate ordering of testing and medications, along with formulating an appropriate plan of care. Admitting patients, performing H&P's, coordinating transfers to and from other facilities. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team regarding discharge planning and plan of care.