Practice Support Associate-PDFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician Practice Location: Roslyn, NY Department: CT Surgery-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM ReqNum: 6021676
Practice Support Associate
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
As a Practice Support Associate for Catholic Health Services, you will be responsible for a variety of clerical duties to help facilitate the daily functions of the Physician Practice. This position requires the ability to function in a multi-tasking computerized environment including use of the CHS EPIC Practice Management System.
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling physician correspondence
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations
- Assisting patients with various needs
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates degree or completion of a related specialty program in an accredited school is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills to enhance population specific service, team collaboration and analytical problem solving
- Can multitask and work efficiently
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Able to use, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.