Second Cook-PDFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: Roslyn, NY Department: Food & Nutritional Services Category: Service and Trade Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 12:00pm - 8:00pm ReqNum: 6036291
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials
- Preparation of room service meals, vegetables, salads, and specialty items for patients, employee dining room and the Patio Cafe meals.
- Cleaning and restocking work areas.
- Requires High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- ServSafe and DOH Food Handlers Certificates preferred. Expired certifications must be recertified within 6 months of employment.
- 3 years' experience in institutional, restaurant, or food service setting with knowledge in quality food preparation, cooking techniques, presentation, and customer service.
- Culinary degree or certification preferred.
- Standing for long periods and lifting items up to 50 pounds.
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.