Licensed Practical NurseFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Catherine Physician Practice Location: St. James, NY Department: Int Med OBrien and Thompson-P Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, Variable Shifts, Variable Days Shift: Varied hours Hours: 8:00am-8:00pm ReqNum: 6024439
Licensed Practical Nurse
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families and our community.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse within Catholic Health Services, you will be assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment. The LPN functions under the supervision and delegation authority of the licensed provider and/or registered nurse, while performing clinical and other supporting patient care tasks. This individual also functions as a role model with supervision over medical assistant staff. The LPN assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Acting as a liaison between the patient, physician, and practice manager and administrating exam facilities, medical records, and tasks associated with patient care.
- Performs EKG, Spirometry, PFT's, and other testing falling within the department's scope of practice.
- Organize patient chart, ensuring that necessary documentation is in place.
- Performs complex specimen collection including, but not limited to: phlebotomy, wound cultures and finger sticks.
- Demonstrates competency in the administration of subcutaneous, intramuscular, and intravenous drugs, and venipuncture technique.
- Provides nebulizer treatment, throat cultures, urinalysis, and other office based laboratory testing.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and over telephone, fax and computer communication. Ability to communicate in a tactful, diplomatic way.
- Ability to handle information with strict confidentiality. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful completion of LPN course from an accredited school.
- Current licensure as LPN in New York State.
- Minimum 1 year previous experience required.
- BLS training and Current Certification required.
- EMR/EPIC experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.