Medical Assistant-PDFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician Practice Location: Sayville, NY Department: GSB Family Practice-P Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Varied hours Hours: varied ReqNum: 6023289
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery.Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Medical Assistant will be working in a Physician Practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with Front Office Duties: Greeting Patients, answering phones, verifying insurances.
- Conducts EKGS, medical chart review and preparation, Vital Signs preparation of exam rooms
- Diploma from an accredited MA program required
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- BLS training and current certification required
- Cardiology Experience is preferred
- HS Diploma/GED Required