Central Service Technician - PDFacility: St. Catherine of Siena Hospital Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Central Sterile Supplies Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 10am - 4pm, 7a-3p weekends ReqNum: 6048222
CENTRAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (PER DIEM)
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is a proud member of Catholic Health and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine’s is located on the north short of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians, and support staff are devoted to providing advance health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families, and our community. Our Mission is to create an environment of healing and compassion, to offer care to those in need and to provide a spirit of mutual respect while upholding our religious mission.
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials. Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
CENTRAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all functions related to receiving, decontaminating, cleaning, processing, and sterilizing supplies/equipment according to established procedures and techniques.
- Prepares and wraps sterile supplies and instruments, dressing/treatment trays, needs, syringes, etc.
- Operates sterilizers in accordance with accepted standards.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Central Supply or related area such as Operating Room required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in Central Processing.
- HSPA CRCST certification required.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.