Dietary AideFacility: St. Catherine of Siena Hospital Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Food & Nutritional Services Category: Service and Trade Schedule: Part Time, Variable Days, Variable Shifts Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: Varied ReqNum: 6046212
This position is part time/25 hours a 2 week pay period
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is a proud member of Catholic Health, and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families and our community. Our Mission is to create an environment of healing and compassion, to offer care to those in need and to provide a spirit of mutual respect while upholding our religious mission.
The Dietary Aide is responsible for plating and serving food to patients.
- Plating and serving food to patients
- Sanitation responsibilities in kitchen and pantries
- May be required to crouch and kneel to dispose of refuse and mop floors
- High school graduate, GED equivalency or relevant experience
- Food service experience preferred
- Able to stand for long periods
- Able to lift, bend, and turn. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and push heavy food carts
- Must be able to work quickly, accurately, and efficiently.
At Catholic Health we are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes. At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.