Medical Office AsstFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Catherine Physician Practice Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Internal Medicine-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Part Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm ReqNum: 6029425
Medical Office Assistant
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families and our community.
As a Medical Office Assistant for Catholic Health Services, you will be working in an administrative and clinical capacity under the supervision and delegation authority of the licensed provider.
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Competency is all skills related to the performance of providing exceptional patient care.
- Assist with front office duties: greeting patients, answering phones, and verifying insurances.
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visits.
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record.
- Assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is preferred
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required
- BLS training and Current Certification required
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Two years of Medical Assistant experience is preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.