Psychiatric Nurse Manager (RN)Facility: St Catherine of Siena Med Ctr Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Psychiatric Unit Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8am-4pm, flexible to needs of department ReqNum: 6021193
Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you thrive on engaging your staff by building on the successes of each day? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones? Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a leader at St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center. You are at the heart of health.
The Nurse Manager of the Psychiatric Unit is responsible for the daily clinical operations of the inpatient behavioral health units. Our Nurse Manager will:
- Mentor, supervise, and evaluate the team to reach their full potential and inspire continual professional growth
- Participate in managing budgets, resource allocation, and scheduling
- Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvements to enhance the patient experience
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Psychiatry/Behavioral Health
- 3-5 Years of working experience in Acute Psychiatric Nursing
- Previous leadership experience
- Regulatory knowledge
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree preferred
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS)
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families and our community.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.