Patient Care Asst IFacility: St. Catherine of Siena Hospital Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Telemetry Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Night shift Hours: 11pm-7am ReqNum: 6047399
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT I
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is a proud member of Catholic Health and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine’s is located on the north short of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians, and support staff are devoted to providing advance health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families, and our community. Our Mission is to create an environment of healing and compassion, to offer care to those in need and to provide a spirit of mutual respect while upholding our religious mission.
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials. Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT I RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assistance and reassurance to patient upon admission to Care Center
- Performs general nursing care functions as part of the care team on a specific Care Center to provide patients with optimal health care
- Performs a variety of technical and clinical tasks based upon patient acuity which result in positive outcomes for the patient
- Performs phlebotomy services for patients based upon patient acuity
- Performs EKGs according to the physician’s orders
- Provides care that reflects an understanding of individual cultural and religious diversities and needs as well as recognition of patient rights
- Other functions and performance indicators as needed by the department
- Must pass annual telemetry exam with a 90 or above
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Completion of a NYS CNA training class and/or completion of Fundamentals of Nursing in a nursing program preferred
- Minimum 1 year recent experience as nursing assistant preferred.
- Completion of program in phlebotomy, EKGs, and BLS preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.