Pharmacy TechnicianFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Supply Chain Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Part Time, including Weekends Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 9:00am-7:00pm ReqNum: 6023543
**Position located at St. Catherine's Of Sienna in Smithtown**
- Act as a patient advocate by ensuring that the patient's prescribed drug therapy is followed as prescribed
- Meet patients' medical, social, and personal needs related to their pharmacy care plan
- Coordinate patients' prescribed pharmacy care with their healthcare providers to ensure that drug therapy is successful
- Understand the various challenges of specific diseases.
- Assist patients with their drug therapy and pharmacy care issues.
- Process new and refill prescriptions
- Promote patients' drug compliance.
- Report all drug adverse events.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with physician/healthcare practices.
- Maintain full control over delivering, stocking and labeling medicine and other products and monitor their condition to prevent expiring or deterioration.
- Assist in streamlining communication with the patient, insurance companies, pharmacist, nurses, lab and other healthcare-related parties.
- Accept the full responsibility for the patient's pharmacy care plan.
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of the healthcare team.
- Maintain current notes and paperwork related to the patient's drug therapy and pharmacy care plan
- Coordinate responses and resolutions with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner that is consistent with corporate policies as well as state and federal laws
- Accurate data entry skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals
- Experienced in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Stand for long periods.
- Pick and pinch small tablets with fingers, and seize, hold, grasp or turn objects with hands.
- Lift and push or pull up to 10 pounds.
- See objects at close vision and be able to identify and distinguish colors.
- Maintain information confidentiality
- Offer flexibility in work hour scheduling, including evenings and weekends.
- Experience with Prime Rx computer system
- At least 5 years' experience in retail pharmacy setting.
- PTCB certified is preferred.