Practice Support AssocFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Catherine Physician Practice Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Internal Medicine-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9am-5pm ReqNum: 6030810
St. Catherine's of Siena Medical Center is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island and has served the residents of Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building.
This non-profit hospital offers a wide range of state-of-the-art medical services designed for prevention, early detection and treatment of healthcare problems. St. Catherine offers full range of healthcare services, from primary, tertiary and quaternary services to specialty and sub specialty diagnosis and treatment.
The individual in this role is responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, handling physician correspondence, preparing patient charts for visits, contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations, assisting patients with various needs. This position requires the ability to function in a multi-tasking environment.
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates degree or completion of a related specialty program in an accredited school is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills to enhance population specific service, team collaboration and analytical problem solving
- Can multitask and work efficiently
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Able to use, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.