Stroke Coordinator (Registered Nurse)Facility: St Catherine of Siena Med Ctr Location: Smithtown, NY Department: Nursing Administration Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8am-4pm,flexible to needs of programs ReqNum: 6034421
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is a proud member of Catholic Health and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families and our community. Our Mission is to create an environment of healing and compassion, to offer care to those in need and to provide a spirit of mutual respect while upholding our religious mission.
St. Catherine of Siena Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials. Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time.
Coordinates the Stroke Program throughout the facility.This includes, but is not limited to, data collection, analysis, monitoring, evaluation and submission via the Get With the Guidelines AHA software program.The role is also as a staff educator as to the program and indicators that need to be achieved, and as an educator for patients and community on signs and symptoms of stroke.The Stroke Coordinator serves as chair of the Multidisciplinary Stroke Steering Committee.
- Serves as Chairperson of the Stroke Steering Committee and prepares all necessary documents for monthly meeting
- Completes and submits all required data related to Stroke/TIA to Get With the Guidelines for Stroke
- Collaborates with other departments, such as lab and radiology to improve processes related to stroke indicators
- Reports quarterly to Hospital Performance Improvement Council activities and accomplishments related to the Stroke Program
- Revises and updates Standard of Care for Acute Stroke consistent with "best practice" and current ASA/AHA guidelines
- Revises and updates TIA and Stroke clinical pathways for consistency with current best practice and ASA/AHA guidelines
- Coordinates patient and family education related to signs and symptoms of TIA and Stroke
- Participates in community education related to Stroke Awareness
- Provides care that reflects an understanding of individual cultural and religious diversities and needs as well as recognition of patient rights.
- Utilizes principles of infection control and standard precautions in the performance of work duties or patient care activities.
- BSN and Master's Degree Required.
- NYS licensed RN.
- Must have excellent communication skills
- 3-5 Years of Acute Med-Surg experience, Experience with DOH Stroke Program required
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.