CASACFacility: Maryhaven Location: Uniondale, NY Department: Recovery House Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: Week 1 and Week 2 schedules see below ReqNum: 2336
Week one: Saturday 4pm-12am and Sunday 6:30pm -12am, off on Friday and Monday, work Tuesday & Thursday 4-12 Wednesday 2pm-12am
Week two: Off Saturday and Sunday, work Monday thru Friday 4-12.Maryhaven is a nonprofit, Long Island based agency committed to helping persons with special needs including intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and/or substance abuse/dependence issues to realize their full potential. The agency's purpose is to establish, maintain and operate progressive programs and services which are residential, educational, vocational, and rehabilitative in nature. The ideal goal is the attainment of normalization, in all aspects of life, for each individual we support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provides chemical dependency counseling, intervention and discharge planning as a member of an interdisciplinary team to adult individuals with chemical dependency and/or mental health problems.
If you are looking for more than a job and want a career that makes a difference in someone's life. Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services field preferred
- Current NYS certification as a Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in treating or working with chemical dependency and or psychiatric population required
- Requires a good understanding and ability to incorporate the psychiatric rehabilitation philosophy in working with population
- valid NYS driver's license
- Required internship hours as prescribed by OASAS
- Supervisory experience preferred
At Maryhaven, which is part of Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. Due to our extensive network of programs and services, the opportunities for career growth are significant. Come enjoy working with others as you chart your own course for the future!