Medical Office AssistantFacility: Physician Practice Account: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: West Babylon, NY Department: GSH Primary CareLindenhurst-P Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 8:00am-8:00pm ReqNum: 6022252
Medical Office Assistant
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
As a Medical Office Assistant for Catholic Health Services, you will be working in an administrative and clinical capacity under the supervision and delegation authority of the licensed provider.
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Competency is all skills related to the performance of providing exceptional patient care.
- Assist with front office duties: greeting patients, answering phones, and verifying insurances.
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visits.
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record.
- Assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Current Medical Assistant Certification is required
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required
- BLS training and Current Certification required
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Two years of Medical Assistant experience is preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.